Monday 24 August 2015

Year 10

I'm going to be in year 10 next year, no this year. Let me start that again, I am going to be in year ten this September. Honestly, I don't know whether I am excited or terrified. Now I know that I am not in year 11 quite yet and that it gets worse then but I still don't know how to feel.
On the one hand, I am thrilled that I don't have to do Spanish anymore. Yeah, maybe I'm a bit too happy about that. Everyone that knows me knows that I hate Spanish, although, it wasn't the actual language, mainly the teacher. Also, I don't have to do food tech anymore. Thank goodness! I literally was the worst at cooking and baking but my sister has taken catering and loves it so maybe it was just me. Meh, I'm no too bothered. The thing about food tech is that I made the food look really good but in actual fact, no one could eat it. I am going to miss music because I loved that lesson but that is the only thing that I am going to miss. Everything else was really boring so yeah.
Saying that, I am still really scared because of the amount of work and pressure that is put on students. The realisation that I am going to be doing my GCSE's in two years is crazy. I get anxious just thinking about it, ugh. I am also nervous because I have never taken sociology before and I have no idea what is going to happen in that class. I don't even know my teacher for that lesson. It stresses me out so much even though I still have two years still.
I chose drama, sociology, French and history. I have already talked about sociology so I wont repeat myself. French, I am really excited for because I love the language and pronunciation. The sounds are so different from English and I think that's why I find it so interesting. Despite the fact that I love it, I know that it is very difficult to pick up all of the different words.
I am terrified for history, I like it and all but I just think that my opinion has changed on it this past year. The topics that we covered weren't very gripping like they were before.
Drama I am over the moon about. I had never thought that my parents would ever let me choose it because let's face it, it isn't the most academic subject in the world. That being said, I am ecstatic that I have chosen it.
Comment below if you feel my pain. As always, follow me on here if you want to hear my first impressions on year 10 in the next couple of weeks. Also, my links are:
Twitter: leenature_
Instagram: leena_elharm
 (If anyone wants to have a chat, just DM me)

Photo of the week:





No comments:

Post a Comment