Monday 10 August 2015

Non-Beauty Summer Favourites

Today I wanted to talk about what I have been loving in summer. (I wanted to do a non-beauty favourites blog post because I always see beauty favourites so yeah.) So firstly I'm going to talk about music and what genres I have been loving. Broadway is always something that I have enjoyed but I have just been loving it even more recently. The one song that I have not stopped singing is 'defying gravity' from the musical Wicked. I imagine myself on stage and really get into the characters, it is to funny to watch. Also, a singer in particular that I am loving is Tori Kelly, she honestly has one of the best vocals in history. The lyrics to her song 'unbreakable smile' are amazing and I so recommend that you all go and listen to it. (Credits to my sister for showing me the song)

I also have been loving dancing , now I usually don't dance because I know for a fact that I am bad at it. I don't really care, though because I don't do it professionally, just in front of my sisters.Yeah, dance isn't my forte. I do like contemporary improvisation, though. I have started a new dance to Lucy Hale's 'Loved'. It's musical theater, lets just hope it goes well. Dance is also a very good exercise so that is always a bonus. 'Elastic Heart' by Sia is my go-to song for lyrical dances, generally but any slow song will do really.

Fruit/vegetable infused water has been my number one drink this summer. I love just putting some fresh mint leaves in my water and leaving it overnight. That is my absolute favourite but I love cucumber in my cup too. People usually put fruit in their water but I just eat fruit by itself so I tend to use veggies. To throw in another recipe for you, I am in love with banana milkshakes. I always have a milkshake when we have bananas in the house. Just whack in a banana for each person, add some milk and blend (I know that isn't an actual recipe but you can guess the measurements, right?) It may not be grand recipe but it works for me.

The website/app that has been my favourite through summer is YouTube. While everyone else in the whole of England was out and about this summer, I was sat at home watching YouTube videos. I loved it though, between Zoe, Gabby and the others, I never stopped laughing.I normally don't have favourites but Gabby is my idol. I can't actually express how much I love her in words so I won't try. All you need to know is that I love her to death and if she reads this,(I know she isn't but I can only dream) I LOVE YOU!!!

So yeah, they were my non beauty favourites, I know that this was really random but I just wanted to do it. They were the only things I could think of really. Comment below telling me what your favourite things this summer were. If there is any constructive criticism you have for me, leave it in the comments. As always, follow me on all of my social media:

Twitter: @leenature_
Instagram: @leena_elharm

(By the way, I want to start a new thing where I post a picture and call it 'photo of the week.' It is basically a picture that I have taken and it is my favourite one I have taken this week)


Photo of the week:

No comments:

Post a Comment