Sunday 28 February 2016

Year 10 Part Two

So, I have written a blog post about Yr10 and how I was kind of scared but excited to go into it. I wrote at the end that I would update you on how it is and whether my feelings have changed or not. So, here it is for you; my thoughts on year 10 so far...

Firstly, I want to start off with saying that I think year 10 is going ok. It is a lot more work than you do in year 9 but I prefer it and I think it’s a lot better. Before I chose what subjects I wanted to carry on with, I knew there were certain subjects I didn’t want to take because I thought that it was just a waste of time. Looking back on it now, I almost miss geography and art but at the same time, I’m happy with what I chose.

 Although drama is a lot of work, the outcome of a performance is really good! Because drama is based on coursework, there is a lot of writing; we have to write about what we did in the lesson every week which takes so long, ugh! Also, when I first chose sociology, I’m not going to lie, I had no idea what it was about. I remember being so scared of the subject and I didn’t even know the teacher. In all honesty though, the teacher is so funny and I’m so glad I have chosen it. Sociology is the opposite of drama, there is only one exam, which scares me a bit, to be honest but I think it will be worth it in the end. (I think I want to take it for A level!) Maths is my worst subject because I am so bad at it; surprisingly though, I’m getting kind of better at it. I’m actually starting to understand some of the work, ahh! I am so weird, I understand the hard work but make simple mistakes along the way, and it’s too stressful.

In my recent exams that we did, I got an A in biology! I still can’t say it without a shocked expression on my face. No one in my class had a bad score and for that, I am really happy for everyone! (There are way too many explanation marks in this post!) In history, I got a B and was one mark off of an A. I was so made at my teacher for not giving me the mark, but I am so happy with what I got, I honestly was not expecting it. As for sociology, I was so sure that I did terribly but I managed to scrape a B. I was so happy with this but was mostly surprised because I honestly thought that I had failed.
Overall, I think that year 10 is going really well, I need to be in a positive mindset because negative thoughts just get everyone down. That’s all I have to say about year 10, so the next time I write about it will be at the end of the year. Until then, stay positive and just smile!

Photo of the week:
P.s, what starbucks drink do you always get?
                                                                                                                                                           -                                                                               Leena J

No comments:

Post a Comment